There are places where the public can have ticks tested to see if they contain the Lyme bacteria, Borrelia burgdorferi, or to see if they contain other disease organisms which can infect humans or other animals. There are generally charges for these services.
- IGeneX Labs, Palo Alto, CA: 800-832-3200 www.IGENEX.com
See IGeneX Labs CLIA certificate http://www.personalconsult.com/CLIA.pdf
- MDL, Mt. Laurel, NJ: 877-269-0090 www.mdlab.com
- NJ Labs, New Brunswick, NJ: 732-249-0148 http://njlabs.com/index.cfm
- Clongen Laboratories, Gaithersburg, MD 301-916-0173 https://www.clongen.com/
Click here to download brochure.
1) Monmouth County (NJ) Mosquito Control Tick Testing for Monmouth County Residents ONLY
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) offers the ability to search one or more state health departments for specific keywords or terms. Search terms are referenced against each of the state agencies checked on the search form. Results are returned ordered by state. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/state_health_departments.htm (By clicking, you are leaving the LDA site and entering the CDC website)