2023 Conference Registration Info
Lyme & Other Tick-Borne Diseases: Research & Clinical Advances 2023
Friday & Saturday October 13 & 14, 2023
Virtual CME Conference Jointly Provided by:
Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians & Surgeons
Lyme Disease Association, Inc.
Continuing Medical Education (CME) Registration – for those requiring credits
- $550 (10-11-23 through 10-14-23) At the door registration*
Non CME (Regular) Registration
- $390 (10-11-23 through 10-14-23) At the door registration*
- At door prices, if space available, begin 10-11-23
- Deadlines are based on Eastern Time
- Registration is Non-Refundable. No Exceptions
Friday, October 13, 2023 9:00 a.m.- 5:45 p.m.
Saturday, October 14, 2023 9:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.
- You must have your own Zoom account connected to the email you registered with to view the conference.
- This conference is open to adults only.
- Fee includes October 13 & 14 scientific lectures only.
- Online Registrations only.
- Refund Policy: Registration is NON-REFUNDABLE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- No audiotaping, videotaping or picture taking of any part of the conference permitted.
- The LDA reserves the right to dismiss any registrant without cause at its discretion.
- “At the door” registration rates begin October 11, two days before the conference, and availability is determined by number of registrants.
- There is no one-day registration category, full registration fee must be paid.
- Deadlines are based on Eastern Time.
- Conference Harassment Policy: Harassment will not be tolerated. Harassment includes but is not limited to the use of abusive, offensive, or degrading language, intimidation, or inappropriately contacting our Question Facilitator or Conference staff within the platform. Any report of harassment at our event will be addressed immediately. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. Anyone who witnesses or is subjected to unacceptable behavior should notify [email protected].
Accreditation Statement 2023 Columbia/LDA CME Lyme Conference
AMA CREDIT DESIGNATION STATEMENT
The Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons designates this live activity for a maximum of 13.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons and the Lyme Disease Association, Inc.. The Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons must ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in its educational activities. All faculty participating in this activity are required to disclose to the audience any significant financial interest and/or other relationship with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial product(s) and/or provider(s) of commercial services discussed in his/her presentation and/or the commercial contributor(s) of this activity. When unlabeled uses are discussed, these will also be indicated.
The target population is physicians from all specialties, nurses, psychologists, scientists, public health workers. It is also open to the public, and Lyme disease educators generally attend. The geographic area being reached is nationwide. No special background is required for effective participation, although those whose practices contain a high proportion of Lyme disease patients and those whose research concentrates on Borrelia burgdorferi will receive the most benefit.
- Improve diagnosis of tick-borne diseases
- Improve treatment of TBD-associated symptoms
- Improve understanding of overlap and differences between Long COVID and Persistent Lyme
- Understanding modifications in the CDC Surveillance for Lyme disease
All those involved with the planning and delivery of this education will disclose all financial relationships in the past 24 months with ineligible companies. An ineligible company is any entity whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. For each financial relationship, disclosure will include the name of the ineligible company and the nature of the financial relationship(s).
Choukri Ben Mamoun
Founder, Curatix, LLC
Research grant support, Usona Institute (relationship ended)
All of the relevant financial relationships listed have been mitigated.