DONATE TO LDA ON FACEBOOK ON TUESDAY DOUBLES YOUR SUPPORT FOR LYME/TBD!
The Lyme Disease Association Inc. (LDA), a 501(c) (3), began locally in 1991 with patients & family members and became a national non-profit providing funds for research, education, prevention and patient support.
LDA has no paid employees or paid office space, but has technical consultants─ enabling 97 cents of every dollar received to go directly to programs. On Giving Tuesday, donations up to $250k per nonprofit and $20k per donor are eligible to be matched — starting 5am PST/8am ET, November 27, and Facebook/PayPal will continue matching donations to nonprofits until the $7M match runs out. Your contribution to LDA in that time will make double the impact, whether you donate $5 or $500.
· Help LDA continue to fund research nationwide─research which has already appeared in 47 journal articles–and to host an annual scientific conference for physicians.
· Help LDA support our children through the LymeAid 4 Kids fund─grants for struggling families with children who need medical help.
· Help LDA provide educational materials on Lyme & tick-borne diseases, available on line or in print, and educational programs for the public and schools, including working with school nurses & educators.
· Help LDA ensure government officials are educated to make policy decisions which allow doctors to diagnose and treat and which explore ways to control tick populations.
HOW TO DONATE
· Click and Donate : Go to LDA’s Facebook Page on Nov 27th and click on the donate button. Your donation will be doubled.
You can also donate directly on the LDA website using our donation form .*
*Donations made on our website will NOT be doubled.