IEP or 504 Plan for Students with Disabilities

Lyme and Kids in School

The following information is from the District of Columbia (DC) state board of education regarding differences between an Individualized Education Program (IEP) and a 504 plan for a disabled student. This document can provide some beginning guidance for parents of children with Lyme disease as a basis for what schools may need to provide. Different states can have additional safeguards.