Reported Lyme Disease Cases in the U.S. by County
The Lyme Disease Association Inc. is providing you with information from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) on the U.S reported Lyme disease case numbers by county in each state for the years 2000-2018.
- 2000-2007 data reflect surveillance case definition at that time and reflect confirmed cases.
- 2008-present data reflect that surveillance case definition which allows for reporting of confirmed & probable cases.
- County codes of 999 represent unknown county of residence in each state.
- Annual cases are generally published in the fall of the following year.
- CDC has indicated Lyme Disease is under-reported by a factor of 10.